Software Design Services
Experts that work with you
We offer an effective combination of deep product knowledge and great customer service to help you deliver a differentiated software solution.
We can support you from end to end of your product life cycle
As a full solution provider for implementing Linux and Windows in embedded systems, we support you from end to end of your product life cycle. We work closely with you to understand your project needs, providing systems level consulting, architectural study, and professional management services tailored to your project needs.
PHYTEC Board Support Packages
A Board Support Package (BSP) is software that implements and supports an operating system on a specific hardware platform. PHYTEC has extensive experience developing Linux, Windows Embedded, and Android BSPs. Our experience includes:
- Bootloaders: The bootloader is executed before the operating system starts to run. The boot loader is extremely hardware specific. Every applications processor that PHYTEC supports requires a unique boot loader.
- Kernal Porting: Porting an OS kernel to a new ARM board is not trivial. We adapt the reference kernel from the silicon vendor to the specific hardware by creating and modifying core drivers and settings.
- Hardware Abstraction Layer: Required hardware abstraction support for the kernel device.
- Drivers: A reliable embedded software platform is more than just the kernel and boot loader. PHYTEC has extensive experience developing and porting device driver solutions for a variety of unique IP cores and peripherals.
- Optimization: Achieving peak performance takes skill. PHYTEC’s deep understanding of ARM based embedded design lets us optimize the system across both hardware and software domains.
- Integration: All components of the system need to be integrated – kernel, drivers, libraries and services – and tested to provide a stable solution.
We combine all these steps in a Board Support Package. A BSP includes all necessary software components and prepares them to be application development-ready, so that the only task left to the user is integrating their application. This way, our customers can focus on their core competencies while we take care of the rest.
Arm® Cortex®, Arm9™, Arm11™
Intel XScale, X86
NXP Power Architecture®
USB, Ethernet, CAN, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, GPSID, UART, SPI, I2C, audio codec, video codec, camera, LCD, SSD, PCle, SATA, Flash, SDRAM, SD/MMC, SDIO, GPIO, Keypad, A/D, D/A, DRAM, PowerVR SGX, OpenVG, OpenGL ES integration, and more
Power Management, system-wide analysis, boot time, POSIX & realtime, and insisted programming
Silverlight, DirectShow, Qt Application: Services, daemons and end-user products
- Linux: As a founding member of OSADL (Open Source Automation Development Lab) and a contributor to mainline, PHYTEC helps our customers navigate the open source community and successfully bring industrial embedded Linux projects to market. We have deep expertise with over a decade of supporting Linux on ARM.
- Windows Embedded: PHYTEC is a full solution provider for the implementation of Windows Embedded. Our team consists of three MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) engineers. We have been honored as recipient of five Windows Embedded Partner Excellence Awards and we are a Windows Embedded Gold Level Partner.