LVL2 EVSE – Smart EV Charging Station
Electric vehicle service equipment reference design for commercial and residential Electrical Vehicle Charging stations as well as Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Communication.
Featuring PHYTEC phyCORE-AM62x development kit, CODICO HPGP module, Texas Instruments WL1837MOD WiFi/BT module, Texas Instruments TIDA-010239 power board, and Lincoln Technology Solutions High resolution OLDI Display.
About the demo
Reference design for commercial and residential Level 1 and Level 2 Electrical Vehicle infrastructure with Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Communication.
This demo showcases robust connectivity options for fast, flexible, and secure data transfer. In addition, the smart EV charging demo enables functions that are compliant with the following ISO/IEC/OCPP standards and protocols:
- ISO 15118: two-way communication between electric vehicles and the charging stations supporting automatic identification. This is enabled with CODICO HPGP Module, TI AM62x, TLV18305 and ADC102S051.
- IEC61851: Describes three various international standard connections the cable is permitted to be attached or detached from.
- OCPP 1.6 & 2.0.1: Application protocol for communicating between EV charging station and the charging station network.
- IEC62752/IEC62955: Applicable to in-cable control and protection devices for electric vehicle standards.
The PHYTEC phyCORE-AM62x development kit is considered the brains of the system while the TI TIDA-010239 power board is the muscle. When combined, these follow UL 2231-1 and UL 2231-2 standards to make sure the system is operating safely and securely while having the capability to provide critical data to both upstream and downstream parties.
(1) LCD185-101: Lincoln Technology Solutions 10″ OLDI Display with capacitive touch
(2) phyCORE-AM62x development kit:
- phyCORE-AM62x System on Module
- CODICO HPGP Module
- WL1837MOD WiFi/BT
(3) Plug, Receptacle:
The phyCORE®-AM62x is a scalable system on module designed to be deployed in a wide variety of embedded applications from edge computing devices to industrial HMIs and to headless gateways. Measuring in at 43 mm x 32 mm, it’s one of PHYTECs smallest SOMs to date. The compact form factor, available with board-to-board connectors as well as a direct solder variant, has an extensive 240-pin interconnect supporting common protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, UART, I2C, SPI but also rich multimedia with dual display, MIPI CSI-2 camera, and audio.
Ready to get started?
Let’s go. Get in touch with PHYTEC today.