A Season For BlosSOMs
When you think of Spring in the Pacific Northwest one thing comes to mind…cherry blossoms! And it just so happens that Q2 is beginning with the cherry blossoms in full bloom all over the place. Check out what we’ve been up to this last quarter and see what we have blosSOMing for this next one.
We have a couple things sprouting. PHYTEC has three new SOM platforms that were announced in Q1:
- phyCORE-AM62A – The phyCORE-AM62A is the latest addition to PHYTEC’s family of AM62x based System on Modules. With pin compatibility to the phyCORE-AM62x SOM, the phyCORE-AM62A can be used to add edge computing and analytics to your application. Measuring in at 40 mm x 40 mm, this module is available in a 270-pin direct solder interconnect.
- phyCORE-AM68X – The phyCORE-AM68x is an excellent solution for various industrial applications, such as robotics, machine vision, radar, etc.
- phyCORE-i.MX 93 – The module based on the i.MX 93 processor from NXP offers high computing power with low energy consumption. Measuring only 36 mm x 36 mm, the module enables the development of powerful, cost-effective and energy-efficient ML applications, e.g. for IoT applications. It’s also a great option for SOM migration when you’re ready for an upgrade from the popular phyCORE-i.MX 6UL SOM as they’re pin compatible.
A More Sustainable Embedded World
Every year PHYTEC America joins our German counterparts from our headquarters in Mainz to attend Embedded World; the ultimate trade show for cutting-edge embedded module innovations! This year was no different, and the show just occurred March 14th through the 16th in Nuremberg, Germany.
Although the show is primarily executed by our German team, we also spent many months of hard work preparing our collaborative demo with Texas Instruments and Pionix as well as graphics partners Altia and Qt. The theme of Embedded World 2023 was “embedded. responsible. sustainable.” Our EV charging demo, based on the phyCORE-AM62x, was perfectly on theme by showing how our SOM can be used to accelerate time to market for projects in the rapidly growing electric vehicle and infrastructure industry. Sustainability is a strong PHYTEC-Global value and our German colleagues created this awesome YouTube video showing off all the ways PHYTEC helps embed your sustainable ideas. See something interesting? Connect with us for more info.
Needless to say, we had a blast at the show and in case you missed it, our Applications Engineer True Loan did a live interview with AWS for their IoT Builders YouTube series. Check it out below!
The AWS IoT Greengrass Is Now Greener with phyCORE-AM62x
Speaking of AWS…last year our phyCORE-AM64x joined our phyCORE-i.MX 7 as another PHYTEC device that is AWS IoT Greengrass qualified. This year we are proud to announce the phyCORE-AM62x has officially joined the Greengrass club as well! AWS IoT Greengrass services enable machine-to-cloud communication for fleet management and real-time monitoring of motor temperature values. To learn how AWS products including AWS IoT Greengrass, AWS IoT SiteWise, AWS IoT TwinMaker, and Amazon Managed Grafana were used to visualize the Pen Plotter through a Digital Twin we always recommend checking out our Hello (Industrial) Cloud webinar. To see a phyCORE-AM62x use case, check out our SOMbody to love Valentine’s Day project.
Branching Out in 2023
We hope to connect at events around North America this year. Below is a list of events we will be attending:
- Open Source Summit – Vancouver, Canada 5/10/23 – 5/12/23
- NXP Connects – Santa Clara, CA 6/13/23 – 6/14/23
- Sensors Converge (Embedded Tech Expo) – Santa Clara, CA 6/20/23 – 6/22/23
- NXP Tech Days – Irvine, CA 8/29/23
- NXP Tech Days – Boston, MA 9/19/23
- NXP Tech Days – Detroit, MI 11/7/23 – 11/8/23
PHYTEC Promoted to NXP Platinum Partner
In case you missed it, PHYTEC was promoted to NXP Platinum Partner! Read the full press release here.
phyCORE-AM64x is in Mainline Linux
Great news! You can now check out the phyCORE-AM64x on Kernel.org.
Happy Spring From PHYTEC
Spring is all about new beginnings and transformations; it’s a season that symbolizes starting fresh and starting over. After months of cold temperatures and gloomy PNW days, spring reawakens us bringing everything back to life. Cheers to a season of blosSOMing! Do you have a budding idea that’s in need of a SOM?
Ready to get started?
Learn more about our NXP-based SOMs