2021 is coming to a close and what a year it has been! Here’s a rundown of some of the year’s highlights as we wrap up 2021 and look ahead to 2022.
We Celebrated our Silver Anniversary
PHYTEC America celebrated our Silver Anniversary at the start of 2021. As we reflected back over the last 25 years there were way too many milestones to choose from! Now, in 2021 and going into 2022 we have a broad customer base across verticals, support of advanced ARM Cortex-A SoCs from NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics and other chip vendors, 25+ employees working remotely or in our Bainbridge office, and value-added hardware design, software and supply chain services. Looking forward to the next 25!
PHYTEC Launched 3 New SOMs
- phyCORE-i.MX 8X – Our highly reliable module for industrial automation devices and one of the few solutions on the market that provides high-level integration without compromise on cost and power consumption.
- phyCORE-i.MX 8M Plus – One of the smallest connectorized SOMs on the market, the 8M Plus is ideal the ideal edge computing module for accelerated machine learning applications.
- phyCORE-AM64x – Robust and reliable embedded solution designed for headless industrial communication systems utilizing the newest processor technology from Texas Instruments. Stay tuned for more information on this one as we partner with TI for an exciting public launch in early 2022!
Supply Chain Shortages
2021 was a rough year for many of us in the the embedded component manufacturing world. From unpredictability due to natural disasters, pandemic disruption and technology demands, the events of this year have far exceeded anything PHYTEC has seen in 35 years of electronics design and manufacturing. We held a candid discussion with our Supply Chain Manager and Hardware Engineer to share tips, insights and procedures that we ourselves were taking to reduce the impact of these challenges. We discussed:
- Ways to improve your designs in an unpredictable market
- Communication and design planning with your Supply Chain Department
- Tips and strategies PHYTEC is applying to our current designs
The Return of In-Person Events
This year we were happy to see you in person. Perhaps the most exciting development of 2021 was the return of live and in-person trade shows and conferences! 2020 was definitely the year of virtual events, and while we made the most of them (and most certainly haven’t seen the last of them) the return of the hustle and bustle of booth-picking, deadlines and TRAVEL planning gave us all a much needed sense of some normalcy.
We had two IRL shows this year. First we travelled to sunny Anaheim, California for our second year of ATX (Automotive Technology Expo) in August. The second show was Embedded Linux Conference which we didn’t have to travel far for due to it being held in Seattle! Don’t get us wrong, we’ve learned a lot from hosting many virtual events and look forward to taking what we’ve learned to safely and remotely host, sponsor and exhibit, but it sure felt good to see folks in person! Stay tuned to see what events we’ll be jetting off to in 2022.
Software Partnership with Konsulko Group
PHYTEC added the Konsulko Group to our Partner network. Konsulko Group and their expert Software Services pair well with PHYTEC hardware solutions.
We exhibited together at this years Embedded Linux Conference together. We’re very much looking forward to more partner activities and collaborations in 2022.
Opened New Manufacturing Site at Headquarters
PHYTEC in-house manufacturing, PHYTEC Messtechnik GmbH, relocated to a new facility at Barcelona Allee 1, 55129 Mainz, Germany. We are excited about the expansion opportunity the new facility provides.
Frohes Fest and Happy Holidays from PHYTEC!
Seasons Greetings from PHYTEC Around the World
Ready to get started?
Let’s go! Learn more about PHYTEC SOMs