PHYTEC is searching for an Embedded Hardware Engineer to join our team in our downtown Seattle and Bainbridge Island offices. This position will be responsible to design, develop, and debug PHYTEC hardware platforms such as System on Modules (SOMs).
With a parent company in Germany, PHYTEC is engaged in the development, sales, technical support and marketing of industrial computer products. We support customers throughout North America from our Seattle area locations.
PHYTEC offers the energy of a startup with the stability of over 30 years of company success in Europe, the United States, China and India. We are a fast moving and dynamic company where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Develop products – including System on Modules (SOMs), Carrier Boards, Expansion Boards and Test Hardware Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) – to meet PHYTEC design rules, product specifications, cost objectives, schedules, DFT, DFM, and other requirements.
- Schematic capture, constraints definitions, layout review, board bring-up, debugging, and verification of hardware
- Technical writing that includes hardware manuals, process documentation, verification plans and reports and other related documentation
- Conduct temperature chamber verification and qualification testing as needed
- Prepare products for radiated emissions, radiated immunity, and conducted emissions testing at a certified lab to comply with FCC and CE emissions requirements
- Assume responsibility for issues escalated from the customer service team
- Collaborate with PHYTEC international counterparts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with schematic capture tools (Mentor Graphics, Altium, other)
- Solid understanding of application processors, circuit analysis and schematics
- Familiarity with interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, USB, SDIO, I2C, SPI, Flash, DDR, PCIe, SATA, LCD, and HDMI
- Knowledge of hardware lab equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, function generator, logic analyzer, etc…)
- LTSpice or other applicable circuit simulation tools
- Working knowledge of temperature chamber operation
- Working knowledge of tools for EMI measurement and debug
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook
- Job location: Seattle, WA and Bainbridge Island, WA
- Compensation: D.O.E. Compensation includes company-funded medical, dental and vision plan; 401(k) retirement savings plan (available to qualified employees)
- Principals only. No third party applicants
- No phone calls about this job
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.