ARM® Cortex™-A8 SOM supporting up to 1 GHz processing performance.
Contact us to learn more
to talk to a technical sales engineer
The phyCORE-AM335x SOM supports the Texas Instruments Sitara™ AM335x family of processors which feature high processing performance, low power, and a highly integrated peripheral set enriched with cutting-edge graphics processing as well as real time protocol support. The 220-pin SOM interconnect allows interfaces such as dual USB OTG, dual Gigabit Ethernet, CAN, and LCD to be accessed with ease.
Take a closer look
The phyCORE-AM335x System on Module
The AM335x Cortex-A8 Processor Family
The Texas Instruments’ AM335x family of microprocessors delivers up to 720 MHz high-performance, ultra-low power, and a highly integrated peripheral set. Featuring a Sitara™ ARM® Cortex™-A8 CPU, the AM335x highlights PowerVR™ SGX530 for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration as well as PRU/ICSS supporting real-time protocol standards such as EtherCAT®, PROFINET®, EtherNet/IP, PROFIBUS®, Ethernet Powerlink™, and Sercos.
- AM335x up to 720 MHz
- PowerVR SGX530 3D graphics
- Industrial Communications Subsystem
- Up to 1 GB DDR3 / 2 GB NAND
- Dual USB HS 2.0 OTG
- Gigabit Ethernet with dual-port switch
- CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S
- Display, touch controller
- Linux and Compact 7 BSPs
|Processor||TI AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3359|
|DRAM||512 MB default / 1 GB max DDR3|
|NAND||512 MB default / 2 GB max|
|NOR||8 MB max|
|USB OTG||2x HS 2.0|
|Ethernet (Mbit/s)||2x 10/100/1000|
|Graphics||PowerVR SGX530 (AM3359, AM3358, AM3354 only)|
|Display||TTL, LVDS (24 bpp)|
|Miscellaneous||McASP, ADC, PRU, GPIO, JTAG|
|Dimensions||44 x 50 mm|
|Connector||220-pin 0.5 mm pitch|
|Supply Voltage||3.6 - 5.0 V|
|Power Consumption||1.5 W|
|Temperature||-40° to +85° C|
AM335x interfaces are routed to our high-density PCB interconnects on the underside of the SOM. Design the mating connectors on your carrier board.
The phyCORE-AM335x Rapid Development Kit
- phyCORE-AM335x System on Module
- phyCORE-AM335x Carrier Board
- Linux or Compact 7 BSP
- Optional LCD
- Optional WiFi module
- Optional expansion board
- Cables, schematics, and kit CD
The phyCORE SOM is designed to plug into a PHYTEC Carrier Board that provides the I/O connectors as well as any other interface circuitry not provided on the phyCORE module itself.
Carrier Board Features
- One RJ45 Ethernet
- One USB 2.0 HS OTG port
- One USB 2.0 HS Host port
- One RS-232 debug serial port
- Two MMC/SD card slots
- Stereo input and output jacks
- Parallel camera interface
- LCD interface
- JTAG connector
- RTC battery backup
- Expansion interface
The default configuration of the SOM included in the phyCORE-AM335x kit features: TI AM3359 720 MHz processor, 512 MB DDR3, 512 MB NAND-Flash, 4 KB I2C EEPROM, 10/100/1000 RGMII (PHY on Carrier Board) Ethernet, USB HS 2.0, and industrial operating temperature rating.
- Choose from a 5“, 7”, or 10” VGA LVDS display with 4-wire touchscreen
- TiWi R2 LCD module that plugs right onto the carrier board
- Bare PCB expansion board that plugs into the carrier board for rapid prototyping
phyCORE-AM335x Board Support Packages
PHYTEC Board Support Packages (BSPs) are software bundles that implement and support operating systems on our System on Modules. PHYTEC BSPs are application development-ready, offering all essential drivers and board-level feature support. The only task left for you is application integration. This way, you can focus on your core competencies while we take care of the rest.
- GCC C/C++ cross development tool chain
- Eclipse IDE
- PTXdist build system
- Bootloader, kernel, file system
- Source BSP
Compact 7 Package
- Visual Studio 2008 evaluation CD
- Platform Builder 7
- SDK for application development
- Bootloader and runtime Nk.bin image
- OSDesign example
- Binary BSP, source available under EULA
Require in-depth support beyond our free offerings? See details here.
Find Quickstart guides, BSP downloads, and other useful information on our wiki.
Welcome to PHYTEC support! We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service. If you cannot find the help you need here, please call us and we will connect you with a live person who can assist you.
Need schematics for one of our products? Register here.
Buy Your Kit
The phyCORE-AM335x Rapid Development Kit comes in two versions: Linux and Compact 7. Both versions include a phyCORE-AM335x SOM, carrier board, BSP, and optional accessories.
- phyCORE-AM335x System on Module (PCM-051)
- Carrier board (PCM-953)
- Compact 7 or Linux BSP
- 7" LCD with integrated touch (LCD-017-070W)
- Bare PCB expansion board (PCM-957)
- WiFi adapter - supported by Linux BSP only (PCM-958)